Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chicken Madness

I never have gotten the big deal about Chick-Fil-A. Growing up, it was just another place at the mall- one that I didn't have any undue enthusiasm for patronizing. To this day, I grant that it's perfectly good food, although their attitude on social issues leaves what you might call a bad taste in my mouth. As it turns out, I had hardly scratched the surface on reasons to dislike the place. I don't seek the place out, but my friends all love it, so I wind up there now and again, as I did the other night.

The location in question has only outdoor seating. It's a fairly new location that sits on a sizable parcel of land, and it's practically a money-printing machine. Why it's all outdoors is beyond me. Also a mystery is the presence of an apparently armed security guard. I have to assume that what he has is some kind of non-lethal device, but he's got some kind of tactical belt and gun-shaped device in a holster. You'd assume that there's good cause.

I'm not convinced of it. I'll outline what I believe his responsibilities to be. Firstly, he is charged with making snap judgements of who's a customer based on appearance. I know, because that's what he did with me. Not to say that I would have been happy if he'd checked to see whether I was a customer, but controlling the bathrooms like it was a POW camp is only made worse by failing to see who's been sitting there eating in front of him for the last ten minutes.

Luckily, I talked my way into the bathroom. I did have to wait a while, though. I expect that at a bar, but not a fast food restaurant. While waiting for the employee who may have just been playing games on his phone to come out, I watched two guys use the ladies' room. I managed to hold out, figuring that relief was not worth being caught by a lady waiting outside the door as I exited. It's some kind of a place they're running there. The food's fine, but I'd better stick to places that don't get my blood boiling that way.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I am quick to boycott places for offenses. If I was questioned about being a customer or using the restroom, I would write to the owner regarding my displeasure and no longer patronize the establishment.

Frenchie said...

What a jerk! And only one stall restroom... What's that about? I hate that place anyway. It's a grease pit. That food will kill you!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?