Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shop & Drop Out

I still have social anxiety. I had to do some grocery shopping, as I'd found myself looking at condiments as though they were food in their own right. I went to the store around 5:30 in the evening, and it was rather crowded. I don't know if this would be one of the peak times, because it feels like the big shopping day must be at the beginning of the week. Maybe for those living from paycheck to paycheck, the big day is Friday.

In any event, it was pretty crowded. I don't have complaints about the exact makeup of shoppers. The one I go to tends to have a fair number of rather attractive ladies in in, and while that is a distraction from the business at hand, it is a welcome one. I'd rather ogle a lady than make the very difficult choice yet again of which bread I ought to go with. Sure, I walk away with something tangible in the case of the bread, but at what cost?

No, it's not the sorts of people that are around, it's the number for sure. I know walking into the grocery store on any occasion that the clock is ticking, and when it hits zero, I just have to get out of there. I can't take too much, and that's where a lot of bad decisions that I've made take place: that feeling of desperation that overrides my senses and makes me do what has to be done to get me free. Frankly I welcome that.

The clock ticks fast enough under any circumstances, but it really goes when there are lots of people around. When I need staples like bread or milk, it goes like lightning, those being in aisles where the worst crowds are. It makes me glad that I have the option of shopping at low-activity periods, such as overnight. I may then have to dodge stock boys and their wares piled in in the aisles, but it beats what it's like when the normal types are shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?