Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Up And Down, Atta Boy!

I don't typically have a really hectic, harried start to the day. Even when I have to get out of the house early, I tend to be up earlier, and this allows me a relaxed start to the day. I'll get up, get my breakfast started, then hit the shower. After my bathroom routine is finished, I dress and peruse the internet for a while, or perhaps watch a little TV. If I have some actual stuff to do that can't happen while I'm traveling, I'll do it.

The only thing that would ruin this is getting up too late, which doesn't happen often. I tend to respond pretty well to my alarm these days. That's good, because there's nothing worse for me than getting a late start and being so rushed that I'm going out with my hair wet. Sadly, that very thing happened the other day. Just how could it be that I got up near an hour and a half after I meant to? I really have no answer to that one.

It didn't make me late, but it did make me hurry. I entertained the idea of making no breakfast, but I settled for merely not shaving (which was not so bad since there was relatively little growth since yesterday). Unfortunately, the breakfast I make went partly uneaten. I managed to gobble up my hash browns, but was unable to entirely down my coffee. I do wish I had a travel mug, but that's something that can be rectified. I did all right, all things considered.

I did forget some items in my rush, but nothing I might not have forgotten anyway. Still, I hope for there to be no repeat of the incident. I can't guarantee that unless I can ascertain the reason for it. It's true that I had slept little the night before, but that happens plenty. The frequency may have played a role. I think I may also have actually not set my alarm, which I would call the major contributing factor. I guess I had just better make sure I set the alarm. That's the only lesson here.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Sounds like your typical day starts off quite nicely!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?