Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sauced

Yesterday I wrote of my new sunglasses and the process by which I acquired them. I bought other things there at that dollar store, among them a bottle of hot sauce. You see, there's only one kind of hot sauce that I really go for. I never have been a Tabasco fan, nor have I ever been much for Cholula or Tapatio (although the women to whom they attribute the famed 'Tapatio eyes' are really something). No, there's a different sauce that I go for. I might have written about it before, but what can you do?

It's relatively obscure, but that's not why I like it. I'd really like it better if it were more popular and therefore more commonly available for purchase. I had only known it to be available at one place. It's a restaurant supply store that one can shop at, and it carries a lot of stuff in bulk. I used to live fairly near to it, and so it was an easy thing to pick up my favorite hot sauce whenever I needed it, which was not often given how the size of the bottle.

I then moved away, briefly to a place near another location of the same store. I then moved again, this time to a place a little too far to go there often, making frequent resupply problematic. This dollar store has it though, albeit only in the conventional style and not the extra spicy. I will cope, because it is awfully tasty as well. I can't describe the flavor any better than that, so you're just going to have to get some of your own.

You have to be careful when you sample it though, because of the bottle. It's kind of oddly shaped, which is of no consequence, but the cap is. First you have to open it up and pull the sealed tab. This will spatter staining sauce, as will every closure of the bottle's main lid. There is that risk every time of wrecking the shirt you have on, but it's as worth it as the search for a bottle of the stuff. It's awfully tasty stuff, and you will not regret the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?