Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Shame

Well, the unthinkable has happened. I have missed a day here and there over the run of this blog, and always made up for it the following day. I've never been so busy or so disengaged that I let the issue of filling this space fade that far from my mind, and it's been a few years of times that were not always so placid. I always managed to keep these interruptions minimal. Indeed, there were none for a very long time, but that has come to an end.

Here's what happened. I wrote something for Wednesday - an item about how good I had been feeling through the midpoint of the week. Then I just don't know what happened. It's true that after my post Wednesday was written and posted, a string of things happened. That night I had my first meeting of a new sketch team, which was exciting. The following day it was the tenth anniversary of my Toastmasters club followed by an audition, which was also followed by my first chance to write for Top Story Weekly as a staff writer.

Friday too was very busy, and I had hardly a moment to myself until 2 or 3 in the morning, and I sure didn't give any thought such things as this blog. Mostly I was eager to eat something, recover my voice with glasses of water and cough drops and go to sleep. I achieved that, and woke up the next day comparatively ready to face the world. I still did not have the blog on my mind. Finally it somehow occurred to me when I was reading other people's blogs.

I think this is not an unhealthy thing. In my opinion, classes are to get you ready to work, so when the job starts impinging on the class, that's a good thing. When bigger opportunities for writing loom, that's the whole reason I started writing a blog in the first place, so it's a mission accomplished. If the blog diminishes some (not in popularity, since that's not possible), that's entirely all right. I still aim to publish on a daily basis, but missing is okay now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?