Monday, September 2, 2013

Tea Totaler

I bought a different kind of tea recently, plunging deeper into something that I never thought I'd be into at all. I had long resisted tea, fearing what seemed to be a far greater minimum investment of equipment. For while though, I didn't have so much as a tea kettle. I now have one of those, which costed a few dollars. There are a few other things I could get, but I doubt whether they would do much to enhance the experience.

This new tea is stronger than the other one. That tea, called Throat Coat, is an herbal tea meant to help sore throats and such. That's why I bought it. I would make two cups of tea out of every bag, the second cup being much weaker. I just drank it as it was, without any milk or sugar. That is the traditional British way of taking tea, I gather. There's more to it besides that, but the milk and sugar are very important. I learned that from "The Great Escape".

The other tea was caffeine-free. It didn't do so much to get me going in the morning outside of clear my throat, but this new tea has some kick. It's made by Tetley, which I think is a British brand but which is probably unremarkable outside of that. It is not the bottom rung tea available, I'll say that much for it, and it doesn't taste too terribly. At least, I should say, it doesn't taste terribly with non-dairy creamer and sugar as I've been taking it.

I'm enjoying this routine about as much as I enjoyed the routine of coffee, which doesn't sit well in my stomach these days. Of course, I was buying the cheapest possible coffee. If I spent a little more money on that, maybe that would be the way to go, or I could alternate between them. For the time being, I'm pretty well committed and content with tea. It's important to have a breakfast that you're excited about, as it helps get you going as much as the actual contents of it, and I'm presently fairly excited about the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?