Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Trial With A Smile

I said Thursday was a busy day, and so it was. Looking back, I don't know how much of it was really all that interesting to me, let alone to anyone else. Still, if one means to offer up a slice of life, there's only one pie to choose from, right? I had an audition on Thursday, I think I mentioned. That was how I happened to be around the library to see the telescopes which I wrote about on Friday. In fact, I went in the library twice, before and after the audition.

I had been at my Toastmasters meeting when a notice came in for an audition later the same day. This was the second time that happened to me, and I'm terribly thankful that there were no logistical problems that could have kept me from making either one. This time was about as perfect as it could be. It was a nice, easy audition in a very easy to get to location. The whole thing was nice, but I'm great at finding reasons to be anxious.

The website on which this audition was listed works in a peculiar way. There are barcodes and special ID numbers, and you're technically supposed to have them ready, although you never know when they really want them and when they don't. Well, I neglected to print out the email with all that stuff, and I worried frantically that they'd want it. I resolved to try as hard as I could to find someplace near the audition location where I could print it out. As it happened, I easily managed to print it out at the library, which as I said was just a door or so down the street.

I was thus ready for the audition, which was easy and fun. I had to wait a while for it, but that was fine. This was the rare case of a fun waiting room. There was this guy sitting across from me who had a rather forceful personality, but a fun one anyway. The woman running things in the waiting room was fun too. She was the sort who doesn't have any patience for fools or for trouble. Not being a fool or trouble, I enjoyed talking to her, and I went into the audition perfectly relaxed. It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?