Thursday, November 8, 2012

More Food Talk

I decided that I had to shake things up with my food the other day. I had been eating ravioli and spaghetti-o's for dinner, cup o'noodle soup for lunch and all too often just coffee for breakfast. Hash browns were there in the morning if anything. In any event, my eating habits had become broken along with my nascent good sleeping habits, so it was time for a chance. I resolved to get a little healthier and more substantial.

I had been eating cold cut sandwiches, and still had my expensive mustard. I went back to that, thus taking care of lunch. I have lately been drinking more expensive coffee than the bottom shelf store brand that comes in a giant can, and I kept that going, as well as the hash browns. That's not such a horrible breakfast, although I confess that it could be worlds better. I just have given up on making myself eat oatmeal regularly.

Dinner is the thing I changed the most. I bought some spinach and peas, both of which I like fine. Adding a vegetable to my diet apart from lettuce in my sandwiches ought to do me some good, as I hope my entree will. It's spaghetti, and I opted for whole grain. The trouble is that it takes a little more effort than my cans, and that it gets messy. I can take the hit on my time, but it would devastate me to get a stain on my clothes.

The answer there is to strip to the waste when I eat dinner. That may not sound pleasant, but it's a sound precaution. It makes me feel something like Stanley Kowalski eating his dinner after coming back from the warehouse (or whatever blue collar job it was he worked in that play). There's a certain appeal in that, unsavory though the character was on the whole. Anyway, if I live longer I can deal even with real stains, let alone a stain on my reputation like that.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Think in terms of getting a co
Pete protein. Lunch meat is one. Hash browns isn't.
Pasta with no cheese or meat isn't.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?