Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Next Evolution

I've described each of the Halloween costumes I've worn so far this year. There have been two: the 80's yacht-owning rich guy outfit which I had recycled was the first. the second was that tentative, hapless step into cross-dressing, Morticia Addams. Neither of those seemed up to the task of being run out there again, and there was yet another party to be prepared for. Leading up to the party, I gave the matter little thought.

Somehow I kept thinking that something would work out for me- that I would just come up with something. Even an hour before I was to leave, I had taken no practical steps towards effecting a solution. I just figured I would work something out, and so it came to pass that I started looking into what to do with around forty minutes before I meant to head out for the party. The party was set to start at 8pm, and I was for once planning on arriving only when the party had gotten going for real: 9pm.

I started grabbing interesting costume pieces lying around, and a theme of violence developed. Before I knew it, I had a bloody apron, a butcher's knife, blue gloves, blue boots, a "Lone Ranger"-type mask and a non-descript hat. I added a fat belly to it with the idea that throwing enough elements at this thing would make it into something by sheer volume. The nature of the ultimate product dictated that I take lightly trafficked streets as I walked to the party.

I didn't know quite how to describe what I had come up with simply, and thought of describing myself as "Renee The French Murderer". I had identified myself with the greeting of "C'est moi, Renee" in order to be buzzed in. The consensus of early party arrivals led me to my ultimate sobriquet, "Killder Hellbrook". I might be so labeled if I were to work on a Simpsons Halloween special. In any case, the combination of name and costume got an adequate response.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?