Thursday, October 18, 2012

Holding The Line

You'll recall that I have been writing about my dwindling weight in recent weeks. I have been in the range of 134 to 145 pounds, and mostly on the low end of that. It's been enough to be alarmed, and yet I have done little about it except note the fluctuations and think about it. That mental energy could even have burned some calories. In any case, all I'm getting at is that keeping weight, let alone gaining it, has seemed a struggle for me through this time.

I finally have been doing something about it. Specifically, I've been eating more. It's a peculiar thing I suppose, that eating more could be a constructive remedy, given that eating less and exercising are the usual ways that things go for people, in this country anyway. Well, eating more is the way for me- I never have been one to go along with others. Why should I not buck the trends of eating less as well as needing to eat less?

I've gotten into another food groove. Breakfast has been consistent, more or less: coffee and hash browns. Lunch had been cold cut sandwiches, then went to cup o'noodle soups. Of course, that was no good. Lately I have been eating TV dinners for lunch, which sounds a bit odd when you think about it. Anyway, those are all right. For dinner, it's been soup. There has lately been a good deal on high-end soups at the grocery store, and I have taken advantage.

I just haven't been able to help myself with the both of those things. I'll intend to eat one of each a day, but have twice as many. Perhaps this is my system getting what it wants in spite of my conscious needs. My frame shows no real signs of bearing additional weight, so maybe I'm keeping steady or gaining only slightly. I don't deny that the content of the food is no good for me, but as they say, it seems to be "sticking to my ribs."

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Go to a doctor....

Frenchie said...

"TV dinners by the pool, I'm so glad I finished school."
-Mothers Og Invention

Frenchie said...

*of

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?