Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sizing Down

Yesterday I wrote of my emaciated wrists and my anxiety over them. Today there is a similar story. I was at a department store looking for pants. Quite naturally, the search began in the mens' department. I've never been on the high end of the sizes, but this day was something else. I found after some looking that there was just nothing there for me. Everything was too wide in the waist, too long or both. It all would have to have been tailored somehow.

The next place to look was in Young Mens'. There were more options there. Now, there was no overabundance of well-fitting clothes there, and there also was a higher rate of clothes that weren't my style, but there was one pair of pants that fit tolerably well after an extensive search. I was happy to get out of there with the location of one pair, or else there might have been more there for me. I'll leave that for the next time.


I am just thankful that I didn't get so desperate that I went further down in age. Very possibly I might have found some great stuff meant for husky children, plenty of whom I have noted to outclass me in lower-body size. When you come down to it, is there anything about a pair of pants to say that it is for a man or a boy anyway? Perhaps I ought to come down off my high horse and buy some childrens' pants. I would at least have a few pairs that fit.

Also there is the option of womens' pants, although that cannot be extended to other types of garments. I already have the one pair of womens' pants which I purchased accidentally, and is it a really sizable leap to purchase them deliberately? I'm not prepared to find out today, but who's to say what tomorrow holds? I only know one thing for sure. The future is not any brighter than the present when it comes to me wearing well-fitting pants meant for grown men.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Get to the doc for an annual physical.....I am starting to worry. You get thinner and I get chunkier. My doc said drop 10% of my body weight.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?