Monday, October 22, 2012

Minor Developments

The ongoing struggle to make something of my room goes on. You'll recall that I recently acquired a bookcase to contain the tomes that had once languished in boxes and other undesirable situations. It is serving well so far, though I had initially feared that it might topple with anything but the most efficient distribution of book weight. Still problematic is my effort to beautify it with little trinkets and toys, as they get in the way of the books.

That's the general theme. The room becomes more and more functional, if not more aesthetically pleasing. The only way it's become prettier is that there isn't junk and trash all over. There is still nothing on the walls to speak of, outside of furniture and items on top of furniture. Those things alone obscure any of the standard white paint that comes with any apartment. I ought to do something about that.

I might like to paint it, as there is no consequence in that except that I would have to paint it the original color upon moving out. I don't have any such plans, of course. I might also like to mount some posters or other items on the walls, although there is a more likely outcome of financial penalties there. Why worry, though? It's not as if we can entertain any hope of retaining our full security deposit. Why not depreciate the walls?

As for the floor plan, it's not too bad. I've been toying with the end table which once held the books I mean to read. It does well holding my laptop if I wish to watch the television at the same time, and I can put my second chair behind it. I appreciate that this is not terribly enthralling to read, but perhaps you may find inspiration in seeing me muddle along with home decorating. If I can do it at all, what can you manage?

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Ha! Ha! I have been giving a lot of thought to putting 'things'. In the area's that were redone, but that's as far as I get, so far.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?