Friday, October 19, 2012

Might I Have Some?

I like ice cream. Who doesn't? Well, I suppose someone must not. In this fractured, polarized world, there must even be those who don't like ice cream. Possibly they even have valid reasons. It seems to me that there are ice creams to accommodate particular diets and conditions, including (but not limited to) varieties meant to be light on calories or on sugar. Even so, there are bound to be those who can't have it, or who can't afford it. Maybe those are the ones who could make themselves not like it.

I like ice cream, but it's been a really long time since I had much. When I was younger, it was a regular thing. We about always had ice cream in the house, ranging from half-gallons of fairly good quality ice cream to giant drums of cheaper stuff, and little single serving cups of the same. I liked chocolate chip of course, and coffee ice cream. I later learned to love pralines and cream, among others.

I got into some of the ice cream bars and sandwiches, and ate many of those in college. Ice cream-like popsicles got into the mix at times. Since college, I have eaten fairly little ice cream. Somehow it's just not something I've made a point of buying, perhaps having an eye on the cost of it and the luxury that it represents. We have some ice pops in the refrigerator though, and I often don't even think of them after dinner.

I'd like to make a habit of having ice cream more regularly, and perhaps I can squeeze it in. Life is short, and ice cream doesn't cost so very much. I can enjoy it sparingly, expecting that down the line will come the developments that allow its consumption any time that I like. One must have incentives, and they can be easy to forget unless samples are had now and again to refresh the motivation to excel. Samples that could include a milkshake, maybe even today. That would be tasty.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Pepe loved ice cream. There was always ice cream in the house.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?