Sunday, February 26, 2012

Late And Late

Saturday was one of those days of dominoes. It started off with me deciding to watch a dvd before I had to return to to the libray. It was the 1983 film 'Cujo', and I watched it. After a time, I took all three of the discs I'd checked out to the video store, figuring that I might get some other things done. I wanted to do my laundry, but decided that I didn't have enough quarters. First, I thought, I'll go over to the bank to get more.

I had thought about when the library would close, but gave no thought whatsoever to when the bank might do so. I confidently walked up to the doors with a full head of steam, but found the door resistant. Stunned, I started to walk away and then turned back to look again. There was the location's hours on the door. Sure enough, it was some thirty minutes too late. There would be no laundry cleaned for me on this day.

I went to the library. On my way there, I noticed that the farmers market was going on. As I needed to pick something up for a potluck party in the evening (and am certainly not going to cook something), I reasoned that I might try there after I was through at the library. Well, I returned the movies, but took a long time to decide that there was nothing I really wanted to watch. I went over those shelves a bunch of times, but left empty handed.

I was empty handed at the farmers market as well, which I found to be in a state of disassembly by the time I arrived. I had no recourse but to pick up a store-bought sweet potato pie at the grocery store. Pleasantly enough though, that path took me past a theater where a friend was having a class. I have seen her there plenty of times before, and that's always nice enough to take the edge of some bad breaks. It was a fine experience on the whole.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Wood can get scratched, sorry to say. However i agree about it being easier to deal with than carpet. There is no indentation on it due to furniture merely sitting there. Amen.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?