Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Dogs, No Trick

I have gotten into a bit of a habit with food. Once again, hot dogs are at the heart of it. Some time ago, I wrote about walking to the 24 hour convenience store near my old apartment. It was a worse neighborhood, and I was often a bit frightened to walk through the parking lot to the safety of the brightly-lit store. It was a walk I was always ready to make, the dangers aside. It was about as reliable as any other food option further away through more questionable territory.

Things are different now. I live in a nicer neighborhood, and while the walk to get hot dogs is longer, it is nicer. The people who sell them to me are nicer and more communicative as well. I don't go over there late at night as I did the other place, as the grocery store is my favored late night option. Instead of at night, I am most likely to hit the convenience store in the afternoon, after I have visited the library.

Like I said, they are really very nice there. The woman I see working there is the best of the bunch. She is not merely kind but quicker to understand my order than the rest. My social difficulties make it especially trying for me to explain at length what I'm after. With her that's not necessary, and even with the rest of their staff it seldom seems to be. All of this contributes to a very satisfactory experience.

If there's any issue, it's that they don't have all the condiments that I would like. They have almost everything. They have chili and cheese, they have ketchup and mustard, they have pickles, onions, jalepenos and they have pico de gallo. They have relish, of course, which I don't like. Some of those others are unconventional on a hot dog, but I like them. What they don't have is sauerkraut  I love sauerkraut on a hot dog, but they don't carry it. If they did, that would make it perfect.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Wow! What a fun splurge!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?