Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hot House

By now the Olympics have been on long enough that many have probably grown tired of sports for their own sake and are ready to have the proceedings spiced up with some salacious, slanderous stories. Well, let me step into the void there. At the outset, I had read about some rather spectacular things that are supposed to be going on in the Olympic Village. They say that the athletes are rather amorous, if you take my meaning. That is to say that they are having a lot of sex.

This is evidently no secret to anyone, and least of all to organizers who provide each athlete with an allotment of condoms, which have been known to run out. The organizers really are astonishingly understanding, and declare that the matter is none of their business. I guess that I endorse that attitude, although not every nation involved is apt to feel that way. I wonder if there are some tense relations between roommates and neighbors as a result.

What they say is that the athletes are typically very eager to finally let loose after months or years of very strenuous training and few if any opportunities to relax whatsoever. Once an athlete's events are over and they have some free time, they tend to start pairing up with other athletes in the same situation. I suppose it's only natural, although I wonder about how this impacts the monogamous relationships that many are probably committed to.

It occurs to me that this could be a rather ingenious long-term strategy. Imagine the likely product of the world's best athletes reproducing at a high rate. There'd be some incredible genes to pass on to a baby. Now that we know of all this sexual activity, let's just keep an eye on the offspring of athletes who themselves enter the Games beginning in around fifteen years. I rather imagine that they'll be well-positioned to break some records.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?