Monday, August 20, 2012

Buzzed

I have lived here in this apartment building for something like a year and a half. In all that time, there are some things that I have never taken advantage of. One is the fitness room, which I have really only ever used to weigh myself. I never have worked out in there, but I think I'm in the company of most residents on that. I also never have had much use for the garage, but there's nothing odd in that either. I have used the grill only through others, I think.

Something I have just begun to use is the buzzer system. Sometime before I moved it, they stopped using the buzzer mechanisms installed in the wall and started using a device that connected the person seeking to gain entrance with the person who lives in the building via telephone. The resident has to supply a phone number, and we just were not diligent about that. Frankly though, I don't feel that we are alone in deserving blame. That's not the point, though.

The other day, I finally got it done. I felt very good about it, because any day that ends with a tangible accomplishment under my belt is a good one, and the day in question also saw my laundry cleaned and a tolerable amount of writing done. The crowning thing was the buzzer, though. I must confess that I wasted some prime writing time amusing myself with the novelty of it all. I actually became very excited by the prospect of visitors coming and me being able to show off my stuff.

Probably few people will come, and they will anger me anyway by not being as impressed as I, but this is another of those little things that contributes towards my readiness for things that I want to have happen. It is also something that might be fun for a few laughs, and goodness knows that I am always happy to have some more of those. So long as there's a good balance of practical use and malicious pranksterism, it will have been worth it.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

I need one of those!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?