Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Television Free Los Angeles

I recently acquired a second television at a modest cost, seeing it as being a worthwhile investment in good relations among my roommates and I. There is that one who is good enough to go to bed at a reasonable hour, unlike us other two, who can now watch movies in my bedroom rather than in the living room at a reduced volume. So far it has been very effective in achieving the goal of keeping the peace, though it has not been long.

An interesting side benefit has been what TV shows I have watched on it. As I may have said in the past, I have a converter box that lets me watch the free channels, and I have installed it on this second TV. I grumble and swear trying to adjust the antenna to bring in the signal, but when I do there are some remarkable shows on. I find myself getting hooked sufficiently that I am falling behind on contemporary shows.

One channel runs a number of old 1980s cartoons that I enjoy. Another runs several great old dramas of one stripe or another. Another runs old movies, and still another runs some delightful sitcoms. This is to say nothing of the numerous public television channels. Between the bunch of them, I am really enjoying myself. I suppose also that the major networks are also OK sometimes as well, though I watch them chiefly for daytime game shows and the news.

There is also the benefit of being able to watch from my bed, but I suppose that I need not apprise you of that. The point is that in the absence of all the cable channels that I would have for myself, I have found some amazing shows I never would have watched instead of the obvious shows that everyone else is enjoying. If you know anything about me, you know how I love to be different. I don't seek it out- that wouldn't be my style- but I love it when it just happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?