Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Activities

From Friday through Sunday, I kept reasonably active. Friday was my friend's Peace Gathering, which was heavy with some very enjoyable music and just a bit of pleasant conversation. As usual, there was some delicious food to nourish the body after doing so for the mind and soul.

On Saturday, I meant to work on my speech, but couldn't refuse the same friend's offer of coming along to a church function, which was fascinating, and was followed by more food. Of course, the line was prodigious, but that's to be expected. It was a gathering of people mainly of Persian descent, which might threaten some, but I always welcome experiences with the new and unfamiliar.

Yesterday, I just went to Mass, which was pretty good. A guest priest from Kansas City advocated for a charity program to aid the poor and elderly in some developing nations. Tonight, it's coffee with a friend and improv on a new night. Tuesday, I give a speech at Toastmasters. Usually that's on Thursday, but this week and I think next also, it's on a different night to accomodate Warner Brothers' need for our usual meeting spaces on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?