Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Party

Yesterday morning, I woke up at the reasonable hour of 8. It was a nice, leisurely start to the day with coffee and all that. I was really by myself until something like 1. Ultimately, my sister and her boyfriend came over, and preparations for the party began. I got a haircut, and came back to find the food was there. Soon, people started coming over.

Like most parties I seem to be at, this one was mainly made up of people I never met before. I did fairly well finding people to talk to- people I did know, and some I didn't. I didn't drink too heavily- a lot more than I would on an ordinary day, but less than the larger part of the guests. I wound up getting roped into a few shots, but had just three or so beers prior to that late point in the party.

The party was fairly nice. There were older adults, kids, and college-age students, and people mixed fairly well. Towards 10 or 10:30, the older crowd drifted out and things got a slight bit wilder. By midnight, I'd had my fill, but when you're sleeping at the location of the party, you have little choice but to wait the party out. I helped clean, but opted out of the inevitable process of working out who was leaving or staying the night and all of that. Finally, it got to the point where everyone was gone or bedded down for the night. Tragically, I lost my private room, and slept for the night on an admittedly huge and comfortable couch. I would have but four hours of sleep, but knowing my sleeping habits, I consider the four hours a blessing from God. Many times in the same situation, I've gotten nothing and crashed during mid-morning of the following day.

I could have slept more, but dad wanted to go hiking, and here in the Valley of the Sun, you go hiking early or brave triple digit temperatures and crowds as well. That brings us into today, which is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?