Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Movie Night By The Lake's Moon Light

Yesterday, as I said in yesterday's item, I returned from my trip to Big Bear Lake. On our final night before going, we had a little movie night. There was a general consensus that a scary movie had to be watched while we were still in such ideal circumstances for one. A variety of ideas were bandied about, including "Cabin In The Woods" (obviously) and "Videodrome" (which was an idea heavily endorsed by me), but the group decided to go another way.

Specifically, it was resolved to watch the 80's cult classic "Re-Animator", which I had seen. It was also resolved to watch each of the two sequels, which I saw as an undertaking perhaps too ambitious for the group. You see, it's my experience that the core of the group in question frequently has movie-watching ambitions which are not matched by its movie-watching abilities. Often has it been promised that a movie was to be watched only for me to find two or three hours later that nothing has happened but unrelated drinking games.

It was different, this night. We actually watched the first film, in which I took a modest interest on account of already having seen it. We then cooked up some pizza bagels, which had been eagerly anticipated since their purchase days before. We then, incredibly enough, proceeded to watch both of the two other movies, which was above and beyond my hopes for the evening. On the quality of the movies themselves, I'll say only that the second was best, followed by the first and the third.

The group held together for them all admirably well, though individuals checked out for periods of time. That's only to be expected. If there's any gripe I had about the experience, it's that my witty chatter was ultimately discouraged, as has been the case in the past with the group in question. I really must remember to more assiduously consider my audience before issuing a performance of any kind, because where my jokes are not wanted, I am no more interested in deploying them than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?