Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Working hard

Some people will try to tell you that jobs don't get harder than the back-breaking labor of ditch-digging or the selfless sacrifice of the armed forces. Surely they don't know of video editing. I find that it leaves me with precious little time and energy for such worthy pursuits as blogging. Still, I soldier on.

Although I imagine not so many people know it, today is an election day here in Los Angeles. I get an automatic mail ballot, but with the aforementioned work on my mind, I neglected to send it off in time. I was therefore compelled to deliver it to my polling place in person.

There's something special about the polling place. What we do there, the people and the things we see when we go. That's separate from the sacred task of self-determination. Anyway, if you see me, be sure to comment on my "I voted" sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?