Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Story of Contrasts on Your Radio Dial

I don't know whether it would be apparent, but I was a fan of Paul Harvey. I guess his politics were perhaps different from mine, but I didn't feel it was a hindrance to enjoying his broadcasts. The stories were addictive, and his voice was a smooth delivery for the day's news.

A very different person is Rush Limbaugh, who seems to be abnormally prominent in the news even for him. I'm not going to rehash his past controversies, but suffice it to say that I'm not a fan. I disagree with his opinions, I don't care for his means of voicing them, and I resent him personally. He and I even part ways on what the facts are.

I don't mean to get carried away with my animus for Limbaugh. I was just struck by the power he seems to exert over elected conservatives. Those who wrong him make certain to make restitution, and they do so fast. Why? What is Limbaugh's good will worth? I'd rather get washed out of politics than kowtow to him, and I'd say the same thing about a liberal counterpart.

He's taken falls before, but I hope he goes down for good someday, and I hope I'm there to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?