Monday, March 30, 2009

Life on Mars

I've been glued to the show Life on Mars all season. I also have been watching the sequel to the British original, "Ashes to Ashes". I intend to watch the British version itself soon. But back to the American version:

It's a good cast. You have the lead, Jason O'Mara. Although I disaprove of the use of foreign actors to play American, this Irishman does the job. Along with him you have Gretchen Mol, Harvey Keitel, Michael Imperioli and others, all play wonderful 70s cop types. I'll be sorry to see the show end, but look forward to catching up on its BBC forebears.

A modern New York police detective is involved in a car accident, and is thrown back in time to the year 1973. At various times all season, there have been clues, and we have come close to learning the truth a few times. It will finally come this week, as the series finale(!) will air. I guess it just hasn't done well enough. Too bad. I was hoping it would run a good, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?