Monday, March 30, 2009

The music video

A week ago, I was production coordinator for a music video shot by a neighbor of mine. I was involved in the project for a relatively short period of time, coming in just a few days before the shooting days.

My first involvement was last Saturday. I made a late run to In-n-out, getting a double double and fries (both animal style) with a Dr. Pepper. I came back and did some work with the director readying for Monday. Same thing Sunday, except I was starting to prepare Monday's call sheet. After that, I went down to the location to move some gear around. That included a fake piano which we borrowed from a bar/performance space. The guy on stage that night was drunk and not too good.

Monday, the first shooting day, went great. A lot of fun stuff to watch being shot, the work for me wasn't too tough, and being out of the location by 5 meant getting home at a reasonable hour. Final organizational work was done not too long after that.

Most of Tuesday went likewise. A lot of fun performances being shot, and the song was growing on me. There were an issue on my part getting receipts, but it was resolved. The big problem came when I was sent out for white gas. This was for the performance of a fire-breathing team. I went out and got the stuff, though the hardware store was kind of far. On my way back, I got a call saying the stuff wasn't needed, which made what happened next even worse.

I was headed back when a guy going the other way turned in front of me at the last second, causing me to slam into him. Car accidents are just no fun. This obviously marred what was a pretty decent day, and removed me from the rest of the shooting day. We ended up being stuck around the location until near midnight dealing with resulting issues, and the whole thing wasn't really resolved for some time. Just a horrible, horrible pain. Maybe the hardest experience I've had in production

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?