Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Trip And A First

As I write this, I am also frantically getting ready for my trip to Jamaica. My dear sister is getting married, and has selected a very ambitious location for the ceremony. That being the case, there is somewhat more to deal with than there has been for any previous trip I have been on in my lifetime. I have been out of the country, but only barely. I never have felt as if Puerto Peñasco in Mexico counted really.

It was, of course, necessary to dig out my passport. I had gotten it years ago when I read an article about how few Americans possessed one. I was determined to be in the elite category of the haves instead of the have nots, and though I had no plans for travel that required it, I set myself to the task of obtaining it with great urgency. I was so delighted on receiving it that I took it everywhere just to have it to look at. Since then, its only use has been to serve as an ID for more mundane purposes.

I also must contend with the rigors of flying out of LAX. I have avoided it as much as I could, most recently going there several years ago on a trip to New England. The nearer and more manageably sized Bob Hope Airport has served for every trip back to Arizona which I did not make on a Greyhound bus. This time, the treacherous LAX must be dealt with, and it will surely take all that I have to manage it.

In the days to come, I will either be unable to access the internet or I will be declining to do so, so I probably won't have anything to say about the trip as it is ongoing. Instead, I have some posts pre-written, so enjoy those and wait with anticipation as to what I may have to say once I have returned home at the beginning of next week. Undoubtedly there will be plenty to say, and I will endeavor to make sure it is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?