Saturday, July 6, 2013

Going Nowhere

I have had cause lately to reassess where I'm living. Presently I'm in the North Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles. It is where I have been most of the time I've lived in LA, with the balance being a year in Highland Park, two months in Glendale, one month in Koreatown and three weeks in Burbank. I have been happiest here, and even more so in the fashionable end than I was in the  rougher end.

I have become very comfortable here, and have found that there is little I need that lies outside of the area. Of course I find it necessary to go all over on account of auditions, shows and activities initiated by friends who have clearly not considered the virtues of keeping things close to where I live. Still, I do sometimes entertain the idea of being elsewhere, but the result is usually that I resolve to stay where I'm at.

Being further out than I am would be very unappealing, even once I eventually start driving again. I felt a million miles away from the sun when I was in Glendale, which is not half as far away or as inconvenient Metro-wise as some places. For the practical consideration of travel and the other matter of being near friends and life, being far out in the Valley or elsewhere holds little appeal, though I don't discount some virtues of it.

If I were to go anywhere, it would be closer in. I have seen some very nice areas of downtown, and there are some areas of Hollywood I could imagine being in. Were I to move, it would have to be for not just a good situation but the perfect one. Simply the ordeal of moving would require that. Where I'm at may not be perfect, but it is close enough that I have no serious thought in my head about changing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?