Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Audible

I have gotten out to a fair number of movies at that cheap theater lately. Yesterday I did so again with the usual friends. I had wanted to see "Fast & Furious 6" (commonly called Fast 6), as you may recall from my post about seeing the GI Joe movie last week. I was not met with the same level of enthusiasm that I felt, and the matter passed for a few days. Nearly a week later, the matter came up again as the theater held its next half-price day.

"The Purge"- a scifi film which I had some interest in- was the film being advanced by my friends as the one to see. Not one to surrender my position without a word, I brought up Fast 6 again. I was told that The Purge and "Pain & Gain" were favored by the rest of the group to an extend that rendered Fast 6 prohibitively unwanted. I was resigned to seeing "The Purge", but issued a warning that I would be dealing out some violent punishment to my seatmates in retaliation.

We got to the theater, and while waiting in a very lengthy line (which seemed so strange for a cheap theater) I heard someone saying something about a sellout. I didn't know which one they must have meant, nor can I say which I thought they must have meant, but we continued to wait in line. Upon reaching the box office, we found that it was none other than The Purge which had sold out, much to the group's chagrin.

I was not entirely sorry. The practical decision was to see something else, as we were already there, and what should prove to be the next best option time-wise but Fast 6? Although multiple members of the group had not wanted to see it (having seen it already or being disinclined for other reasons), I think that I can say that one and all were pleased with the film at its conclusion. I know I was. I suppose it's only fair, then, that I submit to "The Purge" when the opportunity arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?