Friday, May 4, 2012

Notice?

It's a good thing that I don't do things on a day to day basis with the hope of getting a response out of people. I say this because I don't seem to be able to do it consistently. It's something that happens, but not when or because I want it to happen. In life, you have to be happy with what you get on the inside, because external stuff cannot be counted on. That's why I'm glad I like the shirts I bought the other day. I'm probably going not going to get much of a response.

I don't know why I would expect one, but you get really narcissistic. You think that because you look in the mirror all the time and know all the details of how you look, everyone else knows them too. It hurts to think that people aren't really paying attention. Now, it's true enough that if I got a haircut, it would be commented on for the foreseeable future, but then that would a response bought with now several years of time invested. It hardly seems worth it.

New shirts can hardly be expected to move the needle in such a way. Then again, as I write this, I have as yet worn only one of the several new shirts I've acquired, and that one was one of the plain shirts that I claim to like. I talk big about unremarkable shirts that let the person make the impression and not the clothes, but then am mildly, quietly disappointed that they should not be the talk of all my friends in a few hours.

Well, the louder shirts have yet to make themselves known. I'm really rather confident that some of them are going to get a response. If they don't, then I clearly don't know much about people. That's all right, though. I knew that already. I like the shirts, and I like myself, although I do mark myself down a bit for all the thought I've put into the matter so far. I wonder if I can pass this off as some kind of a joke or satire.

2 comments:

Frenchie said...

We all like to be noticed... Human weakness, I suppose!

Beverly said...

Weakness....no, nature.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?