Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I See An Eatery

There is a construction project near my home that I have been keeping an eye on. It is not, unfortunately, on either of the vacant lots presently marring my own lovely street. In a way it's more exciting than that, because those are both fated to be filled with some shabby apartment building or another. I won't have any use for them myself, and I doubt whether I'll find them very interesting to look at upon completion. No, the new construction I speak of is on that great street running east and west, Magnolia Boulevard.

There had been some speculation in my circles that the president might have been set to travel along that street on his way from the airport to a nearby fundraiser, and why not? With such fine shops and restaurants as it has, he might even have been tempted to make a stop. Probably adding to the embarrassment of riches will be the new restaurant "Bow And Truss"), which may not have either a bow or a truss, but will surely have good food and a nice look.

They are renovating an existing building, so there has not been the pleasure of watching the restaurant rise up from nothing, but seeing nothing remarkable turn into something is rewarding in its own way. I have found excuses to pass by it as often as I have been able, and most of those trips have seen some new detail emerge. I hope that I have not made myself look like a figure of menace to the workers, whose presence tends to make me curtail my observations.

It seems likely enough that the restaurant will achieve its planned date of completion, which is to be some time in the summer. I don't know whether I myself will be among its patrons, but I will unquestionable be among its admirers. We can only benefit from the presence of such places, who grant not only a boost to the tax base but an increase in the estimation of the neighborhood by outsiders. Let's all root on this new place, and if we have the money let's eat there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?