Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not The "Ladiest" Lady

When I have positively no ideas, I can always rely on one stalwart source to provide for me, and perhaps you can guess that I am referring to public transportation. It gives when nothing else does. There is always an incident or a person who moves me to write. On this occasion, there is a woman who I saw on the subway. I can't really quite capture what her deal is, but I'll tell you what I know and perhaps the key to the person will emerge.

She was awfully tall, and built to match her height tolerably well. She had blonde hair and was wearing these white fishnet stockings. I don't want to draw any libelelous conclusions, so I'll confine myself to what I know. She sounded as if she could benefit from the attentions of Henry Higgins, by which I mean that she did not sound terribly refined. She cursed with ease, and didn't sound over-burdened by formal schooling.

She did handle herself well enough when accosted, leading me to guess that she possessed what people call "street smarts", if such a thing really exists. One thing that she would not lay claim to is knowledge of her own birthday, as I overheard. On the other hand, she seemed eager to learn, as she asked a man what the capital of Spain is. Actually, I don't quite know what her objective was in asking that, as she may have just been seeking to throw the man off-guard.

I do wonder about her. I wish I'd had the time and access to really figure her out, because she was interesting if nothing else. I doubt whether I would have any interest in her as a romantic quarry, but I could imagine her becoming something like Marnie in the Hitchcock film of the same name (with I myself playing the Sean Connery role). If nothing, she was food for thought. Who ever she is, wherever she rests her head tonight (if she does that), here's at least one man thinking about her.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

One of your best..

Frenchie said...

Very interesting...this woman also is wondering about the one with the white fishnet stockings!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?