Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baggage Of A Kind

You don't think twice about transporting things in a car. The car takes the weight easily, and why should other motorists care what you've got in there? They can't see it, and they'd be too busy to pay much attention anyway if they could see. In that way, life is easier but perhaps not quite as interesting when you have a car. Mainly taking public transportation, I have the benefit of more colorful experiences carrying things.

Food is a good example. Suppose that there's leftover pizza at a party. You can easily take it home in a car, and get it back while it's still hot. Keeping it warm is the least of my worries if I'm taking the pie back on the train. The smell fills the whole car, and those who aren't envious of the thing are annoyed by it. I would be on edge the whole way back, and worried besides about my hands getting greasy carrying it all the way.

Something I won at a raffle the other night is another great example. It was a little bust of horror movie icon Jason Voorhees of the "Friday the 13th" films. The box containing it would have just been in the trunk of my car and hardly worth thinking about on the way home from the place where I won it. As it was, I was carrying it under my arm and getting some curious looks. You see, Jason was clutching a severed arm (which was itself clutching a machete). I can imagine people being curious if not nauseated by it.

I mainly don't bring a backpack with me places, out of concern that I would look like a dope. Backpacks get in the way anyway, and I only use mine now sparingly. Had I brought it a long, Jason would have been safely ensconced inside, but there I would have been looking all dopey, and worrying about the bag all the while that I didn't have it on. I guess that you have to choose the lesser of two evils, and frankly I have become rather fond of attention. I can do without the bag.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

OMG! That gave me a light moment. That could creep out those around you but you mean everything! Jason is yours, bloody machete and all and outside of common curtesy as an industry standard, so to speak, they mean nothing. Love you, garcon
I sent you lots of positive light to work with you during your evening. Call in the am and telle how it went !!!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?