Monday, September 5, 2011

Master Of The House

A very kind friend put me up at his place the other day after I told of having very early matters to attend to in his neck of the woods. I was glad to accept his generous offer, as it made things considerably easier on me. I knew however that I would probably have some difficulty sleeping there. I knew that without having seen his place, because that really doesn't enter into it for me. Like plenty of people, I just cannot sleep too well away from home.

It really was a nice place. I am a fan of hardwood floors, which this place had. It was nice and cool, which is nothing to sneeze at in such weather as we have been experiencing. I had my pick of perfectly comfortable couches with all the blankets and pillows I could hope for. Still, I struggled to succumb to the Sandman. Isn't that an odd attitude, that I would fight to submit? Funny or not, that was the situation I was faced with.

It helps some that there was no distraction posed by cable television. I always am rather interested by what is available now on free television, but there is only so much to keep someone out of bed, and I was glad for that. As it was, I was badly distracted by my phone and my shuffle, I have unfortunately gotten into the habit of falling asleep to episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000- something that I couldn't have here at my friends place.

I couldn't have the television on all night regardless of that, as I would hate to have woken my benefactor, but headphones are of no help when one is trying to sleep. I find them to be impractical in any case. All the above stumbling blocks aside, I managed after a fashion to sleep an adequate amount, although I feel it was rather shallow sleep. Still, one must be grateful for what is possible, as well as for getting up in time to conduct the business of the next morning that I was there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?