Monday, August 22, 2011

A Wash

I generally make a good attempt at hygiene. I always make sure to wash my hands when necessary. As is so often the case, I became very diligent on this point not for myself but for my possessions. Now that phones and other electronic devices are blessed (or burdened) with touchscreens, those of us that have them must have clean, dry hands in order to use them. Doing so will give my phone a lot more life and me at least a little.

At home I sometimes wash with bar soap in the bathroom and sometimes with dish soap in the kitchen. In either case, I don't have any proper paper towels on hand, and so I use a variety of improvised techniques. Sometimes it's cloth towels, sometimes the pants I'm wearing, and sometimes it's just time. I appreciate that these aren't ideal methods, but at least I'm trying. You must admit that puts me ahead of many if not most.

Away from home it can be either a lot better than that or worse. Some places have awfully nice amenities in the way of soap, water and drying mechanisms. There was this thing in a burger restaurant where you stick your hands through a sort of cylinder, and it dries them just perfectly. Some noted inventor came up with it, and I wish all the places had it. Sadly they don't. Have you ever found yourself in a public restroom thinking that it might be more hygienic if you don't wash your hands at all?

Lest anyone bring it up as if I hadn't heard of it, I'll just say that I'm not very interested in hand sanitizer fluid. I'll use wet naps if I've been eating ribs or something, but hand sanitizer is necessary only for the likes of Lady MacBeth. I remain relatively well-balanced, and don't need hand sanitizer or flimsy paper filtering masks in order to maintain peace of mind. In fact, I think you need to be exposed to some bacteria to have a really strong system. I'm just aiming for clean, not computer processor-handling clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?