Saturday, August 6, 2011

Song In My Heart, Written For Hers

Everything I am moved to write I am moved to write as a certain kind of piece or another. Common items are just regular prose. Funny stuff can be, or it can be a sketch. Things about which I am rather emotional probably will be poetry. Then there are the things I am moved to write for a woman. This will in all likelihood be a song. I'll stress that while I credit myself with a reasonable gift for writing the lyrics, I in fact can play no instrument and can neither read nor write music.

I think that perhaps that conveys the depth of devotion that I must have for a woman before I will embark on such a gesture. Imagine if instead of writing a song it were skydiving, and I was equally ignorant about how it's done? Truly that would tell her that I would do anything for her, and she could hardly help but fall head over heels for me- if I survived falling head over heels all the way to the ground, that is. In all likelihood I would not, so it's good that I settled on songwriting.

The songs are of different genres. A recent one was a sort of Tom Jones lounge number. I composed that one in the shower (which I highly recommend), and received a good response, although that particular woman was not single. In such cases I have a different motivation and different expectations. Another song, currently still in development, is more of a hip hop thing. While working on it, I snapped along with the chorus for so long I developed a blister. What we do for love...

As I said, I don't write music, and so those songs, like all my work along these lines, remain just words. I imagine the hip hip song would require less instrumental backing- perhaps just a beat. I would enlist someone to aid me in completing the songs, but then I would be risking the loss of the woman to the guy doing the hard part. I'm just not going to risk that. What I'd better do is learn to play an instrument and write music. If anything like that happens, I'm sure I'll think to write of it by way of an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?