Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Trip To The Shore

Something rather interesting came up for me yesterday. Someone from the movie I was just working on invited me to come crash a film sales market event over in Santa Monica. He further asked me to wear one of the more elaborate costumes from the movie (for a character I had not played), so the real risk was, therefore, mine. The nature of the costume was such that my vision and freedom of movement were both severely impaired, making a getaway nearly impossible.

So I went down to my friend's home so that we could all head to the event together. All the time, I heard the clack-clack-clack of a rollercoaster reaching the high point before dropping down and picking up speed. I was apprehensive, to say the least. Ultimately, my fears never came to pass, as the event was all but over and our group determined that going through with it would be not worth the effort, let alone the risk.

We were there by the beach in Santa Monica with still cameras and the costume though, so we spent a while taking pictures there as ideas came to us. The afternoon didn't feel like an utter waste, and we finished off the outing with an early dinner (or late lunch) at an acceptable restaurant on the 3rd Street Promenade. A peculiar incident occurred when two members of our party discovered a left-behind laptop. Through much of the meal, there was a preoccupation with the impending arrival of the laptop's owner. When she came, they were severely let down in particular by her level of gratefulness. Perhaps they were joking at some level about that. Also amusing were some of the performers there on the street by the restaurant. There was a very mediocre keyboard player and some guys doing some kind of dancing or stunts. It was hard to tell, as a massive crowd hid them from our view every time they really got going.

After all that, we headed home, and I got some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?