Saturday, November 7, 2009

Prelude To A Story

I had another very satisfying night out with friends on this Friday. This time, it was the premiere of a short film written by a friend. Happily, the premiere took place at a nice little venue in Hollywood with an open bar. I'm happy to report that I restrained myself, enjoy a very dignified two beers before cutting myself off. There was additionally a nice round of long form improv comedy, and it was of course a delight to talk with many friends who I don't necessarily often see (and it is doubly nice for it to be in a somewhat novel setting).

Following that, it was more fun at a restaurant nearby- one where the most valuable salable commodity is atmosphere (certainly not food or service). Since sensible people don't put a stop to the night before things take a turn, a friend and I headed for one more place. A friend of his had a birthday party in West Hollywood, so we went. We would find the friend too inebriated to make for good conversation, and since this also meant she wouldn't appreciate or remember very well if we stuck around, we got going.

I suppose I'll elaborate on all this tomorrow, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?