Friday, November 13, 2009

Class

Last night at improv class we had the final week of our musical block, and it was as fun as ever. I still have some trouble, but feel considerably better about doing it than I did at the start. Mostly my difficulties lie in the ordinary challenges of improv, although I could stand to develop a better singing voice. After my scene, the teacher compared us to Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady.

In that scene, our suggestion was cruise ship (an old college friend of the teacher had come to town for a show aboard a cruise ship, and was in attendance). I initiated by establishing that we were at a buffet-style restaurant aboard a cruise ship, praising the macaroni salad. My partner then developed an allergic reaction as I looked on unsympathetically. He then went on to reveal committing a murder on a previous cruise and expressed great anxiety.

From there we went into our song, "What Happens In the Atlantic Stays In The Atlantic". I thought it was a fairly nice song, although it didn't compare to the song generated by a later pair, "Stuck In Guantanamo Bay". It was an imperfect but fun scene, and my partner and I were left with things to work on. I look forward to doing so. After doing the "Armando" last week, we will be moving on to studying it full time for about a month, and that should be a good time.

Tomorrow, there's a big event going on in Toastmasters. One of our club members will be taking part in one of two contests, and there will be a panoply of educational opportunities and food. Additional, it will be taking place at a prominent comedy club at Universal Citywalk, which I look forward to as well. It ought to be a good time, and most rewarding as well. Details shall come sometime Saturday evening or Sunday, I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?