Friday, February 20, 2009

Outing

I had another successful social outing Thursday night. Previously, I was invited to attend a talent show by a cool woman who I'd met at a party my roommate threw. I went, and as promised, she did a great salsa dance.

I had to go from my home in North Hollywood to her school campus in Koreatown. That part went well, as I was able to make most of the trip via the subway. I had to work out where in the building I needed to go to, but that happened easily enough.

The entertainment included the aforementioned dancing as well as singing, rock music, poetry and rapping. All that was great, but something I didn't know about beforehand was the food. For whatever reason, it was not hot, but there was salad, macaroni salad, garlic bread, potato wedges and fried chicken. That was entirely welcome.

Saturday there will be a party to say farewell to someone else I met at a prior party. She heads off to serve humanity via peace corps thereafter. Ought to be fun, provided I work myself up to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?