Saturday, February 21, 2009

Half-Baked Thoughts

I've had a couple of things sort of on my mind. Firstly, I think some about relationships with people, and regardless of their depth, how they change with the familiarity that comes from living together. I think that for the typical person, there are very few relationships of which it's true that they would be better if you had that kind of closeness and familiarity. Invariably, as the saying goes, familiarity breeds contempt. Conversely, I feel there's an obviously equal truth in the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".

My other thought is about dreams. They're endlessly fascinating, in part because of their reliably strange content, and partly because of their intensely ethereal nature. The contents of the dream are well known in the moment, but slip away just as soon as you even leave deep sleep. And as I said, they're very strange. I don't believe I've really ever had a dream depicting something conventional and grounded. I understand there's a great deal of research ongoing regarding dreams, but I can't imagine they'll come to any satisfying findings anytime soon. Maybe it's best if they don't.

So those are my thoughts. Perhaps I'll develop them into something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?