Sunday, June 30, 2013

Something New

I'm terribly excited about a new purchase I've made. It was one of those things that fell into my lap. A friend let me know that he was looking to sell his television, which was lovely, since I was in the market for one. This would be a flatscreen high-definition set. It's 46 inches, and awfully nice. My friend gave me a good deal, so I'm not out very much money at all. Naturally I felt compelled to share the good news with you, and in a very lengthy fashion.

This opens up a lot of possibilities. I had previously been denied the wonders of high definition viewing, and now I have it. I can watch Blu-Ray discs, which is awfully nice. I can also enjoy the high definition channels that come through on free television, which is good too. I should say also that I would be playing those Blu-Rays off my laptop, which I can connect to the TV via an HDMI cable. That means I can stream anything else I like from that computer as well.

There is also the fact that having this TV in the living room lets me put the one that was there before in the bedroom, which had been bereft of a television since the previous one went bust. I happen to think it's a nice feature of a bedroom to have a TV, since it can be operated without disturbing my roommates as much, and also it can be operated at the same time as the other if two of us have the desire to watch different things.

Of course, it's not all wonderful news. I'll have to buy a few little accessories to make all this happen, including that HDMI cable as well as a new antenna and VCR for this second TV. I'll also have to finally dispose of that busted TV, which is much harder considering I'm not content to just dump it on the curb. I'll have to find some responsible recycling center or service that comes around and picks up stuff like this. It's a small matter. On the whole, this whole thing is a wonderful development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?