Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Lousy Place

I was at a restaurant last night. I had just done an improv show, and a teammate afterwards was endeavoring to get everyone to go out to this place. I agreed, and a handful of other did too. I was under the impression that this was a burger chain, another location of which I had been too a few years ago. I found on arriving that it was no such thing. Rather, it was a diner. I think I would not have gone if I'd known.

I resolved that with a place whose quality was in question, it was not smart to get anything that a place could mess up. I picked a turkey burger, because I thought that was a foolproof option in addition to being healthier than a regular burger. It was certainly not the best burger I've ever had. In fact, it was lousy, and at twice the cost of many of the ones I prefer. I was terribly remorseful about my choice very quickly.

My friend the ringleader got the chili cheese fries, which he rather strangely paired with coffee. He's big on coffee in the evening, for some reason. I can hardly bear it after noon, myself. Anyway, I wish I would have gotten those fries, which he was bragging about beforehand. They were not so bad, but more importantly they were more ample in quantity than my order and they were cheaper as well. On a second visit, I would certainly get them.

I don't intend for there to be a second visit, though. The service was no good either. Our server, a sort of old lady, was a bit overbearing. I guess maybe she was eager to be done with us. She wanted my order basically instantly, and the pressure only ramped up after I'd had a menu to look at. She was not as aggressive at filling our drinks. These crimes did not impact her tip, but I would just as soon go someplace else next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?