Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dynamite Sandwich

I have really come up with something, and as is so often the case, it happen without trying. I have been eating sandwiches again for lunch, as I had finally gotten tired of potatoes spoiling before I could eat them all. You'll recall that dramatic crisis, I'm sure. In any case, I had bought bread, some sliced turkey and chicken, lettuce and peppers. I was liking those sandwiches pretty well, and finally using the nice mustard I'd had sitting around.

I went and ran out of the bread, and I haven't managed to get to the store lately. I've been busy much of the time, and I've been lazy when I haven't been busy. Having run out of bread, I would ordinarily start eating the components for my sandwiches piecemeal, which is a terrible thing to do. My father would be critical of me for failing to add value to the various foods by combining them, and I have taken that to heart.

Something I did have, I found, was English muffins. I had somehow not been eating a proper breakfast lately. Instead of my coffee and English muffin, I've just been doing coffee, which really is terrible. Anyway, I had more of the muffins on hand than I might otherwise have, and I reasoned that I could make a passable sandwich by substituting those for the bread I had. It seemed like making the best of a less than ideal situation.

Imagine my surprise when it turned out incredible. I don't know quite what makes it so good, but a sandwich made of the above ingredients in addition to an English muffin for a bun is just incredible. The first one of them was not even the one that solidified the recipe. I found that the muffins were too cold, being situated in a cold spot in the refrigerator. I popped one in the toaster oven, just to warm it up. That was all it took. What a dynamite sandwich I have hit upon. I shall eat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?