Monday, March 4, 2013

Jar Jar

I have been eating a lot of pasta lately. Specifically, I've been eating spaghetti. I was turned off it for a long time on account of the stains that it put on more than one shirt, but I've since reformed. I feel a little bit better about getting stains out of shirts, and sometimes I just eat shirtless. No, there's no problem with that anymore, but there is a problem with the jars. They pile up at the rate of two a week, and it's a problem.

Here's how I deal with it. The first few plates of spaghetti go fine, and then the sauce gets harder to extract. Typically I'll put the jar back in the refrigerator and open another, leaving two open jars at once. Sooner or later I'll realize I'm short of sauce, and become willing to make the effort to get the last sauce out of the prior jar. Often enough I must combine clashing sauces at this point, making for an interesting plate of spaghetti.

When a jar is totally empty, I put it to the side of the sink. There it languishes for several days as is. I then muster the will to rinse it out and put it back to dry. After drying, it remains for several more days before I bother to put it in the recycling. A full or nearly full recycling bin will exacerbate this. At any given time, there may be two to four jars in some phase of this disposal process, which I confess is a severe backlog.

It does not seem that my roommates are overly bothered. Certainly the issue has not been broached by either of them. I would like myself to streamline the whole process, or to ease it by diversifying my dinners. If I were to eat spaghetti only once a week instead of four to five, there would surely be fewer jars. I could also go for larger jars, although the quality of sauce that comes in any larger a jar is dubious at best. I shall continue to deliberate on the right course.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Why are things do complicated ?

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?