Monday, February 4, 2013

Mugging For The Written Page

I fall easily into routines. In fact, I depend on routines for success. The more often I do something, the more I am able to iron out the mistakes that I make and accrue momentum. Routine makes momentum and momentum makes success, for me at least. One of the areas where I most look for more and more efficient routine is in my morning process. A key part of it is the intertwined processes of making breakfast and completing my toiletries.

Never mind the toiletries for today. The important thing is my breakfast, and specifically my coffee. I had a routine going. I would have one cup of coffee in a mug and move on with my day. First I had my standard-size red, gray and blue flag mug, and I stuck with that for a long time. I switched to my larger "Community"-themed mug, and went with that for a while. I then started switching back and forth for a bit.

Something I had neglected for a long time was an earlier acquisition: a set of small mugs with saucers from Ikea. Because they were small, I did not favor them. One had to replenish the mug a number of times in order to get the same amount of coffee. Well, I've had a real turnaround. First of all, I really like  the saucers. You feel a little fancier with a saucer, and God knows that I can benefit from that, as well as the protection from spills.

More important to me is that I wind up drinking more coffee and ingesting more caffeine. I really think that I may be getting more done earlier in the day on account of being awash in legitimate stimulant for a period of several hours. If I can just keep myself better supplied in liquor, then there need be no more than a gap of a few hours in which I write unaided by chemicals. Perhaps I may get by with iced tea or lemonade as I write on the front porch.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Astute obversations!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?