Saturday, January 19, 2013

Never Might I Ever?

A thought popped into my head, and because I had set up to write, I decided to make use of the thought instead of letting it float away. This is the benefit of getting going while you still have the energy to be remotely ambitious. The thought pertained to the perhaps not entirely uncommon aspiration of having my own radio show. This is not an impossible feat if I accept that a podcast is equally acceptable, but I doubt it will happen.

To begin with, I think I have a fine voice for radio. I have been advised of my suitability for such things by people whom I hold in high regard, anyway, and who knows better what one is capable of than others? Whether or not I have a face destined for more than radio I will not venture to guess, although I will assert that I have pretty good days as far as that goes. Maybe I would be the rare radio personality whose visage fails to disappoint.

Just what would I say? If there are any qualities that I possess on the inside, two indisputable ones would have to be my wit and my very unique point of view. Not everyone has either of those things. I think that I would, without question, have some things to say. It would just be a matter of gathering them into some kind of appealing structure, or maybe not. Maybe it could be an anarchic free form sort of thing.

In any case, it is rather an unlikely scenario, at least if I am determined to be on the real radio. I guess that's not worth what it used to be. I know there's no real money in podcasts, as my favorites which feature big stars regularly plead for donations. I think that one or two of the very most popular, commercial ones make money. The rest are an outlet for creative people who are denied other opportunities to freely express their vision. For the moment I don't feel that, but I will get right on this if and when I do.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Very cool concept!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?