Sunday, January 6, 2013

Getting Tight

I took a brave step today where fashion is concerned. I don't do any such thing of my own volition, typically, but the season of Christmas often brings gifts of clothes from those who know how much I need them. They don't buy me the things I would buy myself. Rather, they take stock of what I have and ought to have by their estimation, and fill my perceived needs. This leads me to some worried moments.

I am still working my way through the haul yielded by this Christmas, and most recently have worn a pair of what they call "skinny" jeans. I dislike that name, but I wore the pants. I had qualms about wearing such tight pants, as I rarely have pants that are even a good fit. Mostly they are rather baggy on me. I worried over how they would fit me, and waited to remove the tags until I'd given the pants a thorough trial.

First putting them on, I thought they would not pull up all the way. I was pleasantly surprised when they did so, and I further found that I could walk around fine. I figure that running and riding my bike would be a bridge too far, but there are plenty of pairs of pants that can handle those. Those pants also do better at containing possessions in their pockets. Almost nothing can go into the pockets of these skinny jeans without bulging out obscenely and spoiling my lines.

I don't know how many pairs of these skinny jeans I'd like, but I suppose I'm glad I have one. I have been advised that I need a pair of shoes that go better with them, lest I look like some kind of hipster. Ideally, the pants that were to this point my tightest fit will become my loosest, and these my tightest. This year just passed was probably my best in terms of fashion, but I have every expectation that the one to come will top it easily.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Oh! So cute! With your lithe figure, there is no reason not to wear the styles.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?