Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm On Top

After a bunch of my shirts were ruined in a disastrous wash cycle some time ago (the blame for which fell on faulty deodorant), I embarked on a mission to replenish my supply of shirts. At this same time, I had taken out of circulation any shirt which didn't at least come close to fitting me, or which I could not replace and could not bear to lose. It was quite a turbulent chapter in the annals of my wardrobe history, you may be sure.

I had a real undertaking on my hands, and it goes on now in the hopes that I might exceed the quality and variety of what I had before. It principally involves the purchase of secondhand clothes at local thrift stores. I find that they have there an awful lot of things that cannot be purchased elsewhere at any price, to say nothing of the things that can be purchased elsewhere only at a tremendous and prohibitive price.

I'm always trying to locate items that marked with the color designated that week as the discount color. These items are both half-price and virtually non-existent. I'm certain they remove the discounted items from the racks en masse before the store opens. In any event, the shirts are cheap enough that this is unimportant. The real first thing is to look for shirts I like. I favor nice shirts, not your basic Beefy-T sort. I'm also trying to increase the number of plain shirts to match the number of those with designs and messages. 


Second after that is to be sure that they fit. A regrettable number of shirts are too large, but few are too small. In fact, I really ought to have small shirts much of the time, but must sometimes settle for medium. At least I don't have any more of the ones that I could get lost in. I'll leave that for the many pairs of ill-fitting pants that I still put up with for lack of superior options. There is my next phase of renewal. Notable developments will be reported.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Good for you! Wonderful!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?