Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chatter In Passing

When I'm out and about, my eyes and ears are always open, except when I'm listening to music, in which case only my eyes are. In any case, I see things and I hear things that maybe some other people miss, and that is their loss. It probably wouldn't matter if they did perceive these things, as they would miss the interest of them. I don't miss it. I relish these things, and sometimes I even manage to find a way in which they may also seem interesting to others.

I don't know if this is one of those times, but what let that stop me? I was crossing the street on the way to the bus when I notices a group of people who were perhaps a family. I considered that they might be tourists given their clothes, but decided that no tourists would be anywhere near the municipal buildings of Burbank, California. I guess they were locals, maybe walking from a nearby residential block to the not terribly distant entertainment district of said city.

Who they are isn't important anyway. What they said is what's interesting. I was actually leaving the library, and I heard one of them to comment that it was an old-style library. As I would consider that library as modern as any I've been to, I have to assume they mean that it possesses paper books or occupies a physical building. They went on to discuss a series of awful ideas for improving it, most of which involved demolishing it and rebuilding it with presumably non-existent municipal funds.

I reached the bus stop and thought I was rid of them, but they passed by me there, now praising Steve Carell for really 'going for it' with his new film (which was being advertised on the bus shelter) as well as his many other current projects. Now that I think about it, they may have not been a family. Rather, I suspect now that they might be the on-air personalities of a local news broadcast. This might just account for all that I have related.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?