Monday, June 20, 2011

What Means This Dream?

I gather that we still don't really understand dreams. We don't know why we have them, or what they mean. I have been perceived by some as unique or twisted, but my dreams are not in the least unusual so far as I can figure. I've had some of those very common ones, such as showing up unprepared for a test at the end of the semester, or losing teeth. They are supposed to have some meaning, but I don't know whether that's true.

I've had unpleasant dreams, but not nightmares. I wake up with a start to realize that the horrible thing didn't really happen, but that goes both ways. I recently had a dream that was both terribly mundane and somewhat nice, with some strangeness thrown into the bargain. In my dream, I finally got some business cards. Every time I meet someone and desire to exchange information, they give me a card and they have to awkwardly get out their phone and take down my information. I was quite glad within the confines of this dream to get some cards.

Interestingly, they were those free ones you can get online, provided you pay shipping and can tolerate a little ad for their service on the card. Evidently I did and could. What was very interesting was the nature of that ad. It was Disney. Evidently, Disney was running one of those free business card operations, and I had  gone for it. I was very sad to wake up and realize that I still did not have any business cards. Happily, this is more easily rectified than similar post-dream sorrow that I still did not possess a Ghostbusters proton pack.

 It seems awfully implausible that Disney would expand into that particular arena of free business cards, but then dreams are hardly a worthy target of such critical thinking. I do wonder what, if anything, that dream might mean. One might interpret it as a desire on my part to become more professional, and I can only say God forbid. The Disney angle is interesting. To have acquired cards with their name on it might be taken as a sign of my interest in working for them. I do know people who do, but never have harbored such feelings. I would do it though, as it's work. Perhaps I might mention the dream in my cover letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?